Thursday, November 7, 2013

Color Schemes

I do a lot of crocheting. It started as a hobby, quickly became a habit and is now an almost obsession. There are obstacles in my way constantly with this craft i.e. skill level, different yarn and needle requirements, amount of yarn.... etc. But the key is always to improvise right?

Alongside crochet, I dabble in a bit of cross-stitch, sewing, and more recently quilting. What do all of these things have to do with my post title? Simply that I have had quite a few people message me and tell me that although my stitching is good and (some) of my projects are passable, they are not always nice to look at.

Some of my projects are intended for myself, others are destined for greater places, but all are made to fit someone's personality. Usually when I start a project for someone I have them go over everything from the hook size to the finished size. I do this because what I am creating for them should be a one of a kind piece and should reflect them in every way. If they were getting something that I made to my tastes instead of theirs they could easily go to any store and buy something already made.

Not all the time do I agree with others about colors and what-have-you's, but I have to remind myself that this is is going to be someone else's gift and I will only have to look at it for a while. Question for this post, do you think it's ok for people to have such an opinion bout what you are creating for them, or should you do it to your own tastes?

I look forward to reading your comments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment