Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Review: Forever Fae

Forever Fae Forever Fae by L.P. Dover
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really wanted this book to be better. The storyline had potential, and I actually enjoyed the concept, but everything else was simply wretched. There was the first person point of view with EVERYONE and the points of view kept changing.

The author tried to make some of the villains a suprise to the reader, but did everything except draw us a picture of who they really were. Before I was even 20% into the book, I knew there wouldn't be any suprising twists to this tale.

Then there is the supposed love triangle between Ryder, Calista and her guardian Merrick. To be honest, it was the weakest one I've ever read. I didn't feel the characters really connect to one another, so I can't believe they all loved each other.

Finally, we have the writing itself. I almost believed this was a poor attempt at YA, but then the author throws in unnecessary profanity. Having the villain use such language in every other sentence didn't make him look any more lethal, it just made him look weak. Having Calista use similar language didn't make me want to feel as she felt, it made me question why would the author write her such excellent fighting skills just to have her power be profanity once she is captured?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment