Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Review: The Broken One

The Broken One The Broken One by Christine H. Bailey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Someone could have told me that this book was based on true events and I would have believed them. What I liked most about this book is how the author left us with questions. The ending offered no real closure, instead forcing us to either be ok with the world being how it truly is or get mad and demand the author wrap this story up in a nice little package. Usually, endings like this drive me insane, but since it fit the story I have no issue with it. By writing, and ending, the story the way she did, the author forces the reader to remember that sometimes in life there is no real closure. Sometimes you have to make peace with all the crap life throws at you and move on. I could have liked to know how Ferris and Jun processed everything, but I guess it will just have to be another one of those "suck it up" moments.

Every character stayed true to themselves, but there were a few ends that were left unnecessarily untied....

1. Why did Dad and Lucy need to have the engagement party so soon?
2. How did Jun feel about the whole Paul situation?

I guess we may never know.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment