Monday, May 2, 2016

Review: To Wed a Rebel

To Wed a Rebel To Wed a Rebel by Sophie Dash
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this book in spite of myself. Let me explain, when I first read the synopsis on this I loved the concept so I requested to review it. After waiting a week to get approved, reading the 3 books I already had in my queue, and re-reading the synopsis, I found I wasn't so interested in this book after all. Still, I had already made the request and been approved so I had to see this book through. I'm so happy that I did.

I think every woman can relate to Ruth in some way. We've all wanted to avoid conflict, ease the tension, or simply want to be wanted by a man. Not to mention we've all had that one awkward relationship, usually our first love, where we weren't sure how to go about things and too embarrassed to just come right out and say what we want. I loved seeing Ruth and Issac's growth throughout this book.... I have a soft spot for characters who have more personal growth than romantic.

My reasons for chopping off the final star are simple....

1. There was a brief moment where the author had Ruth in a dress that, after reading that chapter twice, I still can't tell what color it is. Usually this wouldn't bother me, but the author went through a lot of trouble to be very descriptive when describing the dress, so I couldn't let it slide.

2. As is the case with many books, I found the ending to be a bit rushed. The author seemed to have told the story she wished to tell, but had no way of tying up the loose ends so she just threw things together. Mind you, it did work, but it just didn't feel as natural as the rest of the book did. I liked how the events unfolded, just not how the author chose to jumble everything together the way she did.

That concludes my review of To Wed a Rebel which was generously provided as an ARC through Netgalley.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment