Sunday, June 9, 2013

Marleigh's "Tummy Time" Blanket

A beautiful baby girl named Marleigh entered this world on my birthday so I just had to make her a baby blanket. The more I thought about it the more I was convinced I needed to make 2 blankets. The first would be a simple "tummy time" blanket and the other would be her newborn blanket....



I used a stitch called the Dermot Filet Stitch. The pattern can be found in the book "Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia". It is a fast and easy stitch to learn and once you get past the first few rows there is no reason 3to look back at the pattern.




Once completed, this is the blanket laid flat.


And here is a close up of the stitches. A single crochet border in a contrasting color finished off this simple blanket. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment