Monday, June 2, 2014

New Stash

With all of my quilting projects tucked away inside my head, I decided I needed to get a bit more fabric if I was to continue uninterrupted in my work. So let's begin on our journey through my new stash of fabric.


I really hope you can see the texture in this cherry fabric. I purchased 2 yards of this for two reasons:

#1. It reminded me of those dresses the ladies wore in the 1950's
#2. I thought it would be perfect for my bookshelf curtains


Isn't this star fabric just adorable? I'm not sure if I want to use it for the backing of my next baby quilt or as part of a bag. Either way, I have 2 yards to do with as I please.


I purchased 2 yards of this fabric with my 12 year old son in mind. He's been very into astrology and all that goes with it so when my daughter pointed this out to me, I knew I  had to buy it for him.


This charm pack is called Lumina Jewel


What is with the above three photos? Well, my next project involves the 3 of them. I purchased a charm pack of solid black 5" squares and to complement them I purchased a charm pack of 5" squares from Robert Kaufman Fabrics.  The butterfly fabric is going to be the backing for these charm packs.

As for the lace.... my plan is to add it to the edge of my quilt under the binding. My Nana has warned me that this will make the quilt VERY dark, but I think I'm ok with that. All of the quilts I'm seeing these days are white and bright, I want something that is dark without being Halloween-y. With a Wiccan little sister and a "Walking Dead" crazed daughter, I wanted this to be inspired by them.

As always, your comments are appreciated and I look forward to your opinions on my work. Happy stitching all!

No comments:

Post a Comment