Tuesday, June 3, 2014

New books

My son and I, I was reading Her Dark Curiosity

Although this post has nothing to do with crafting, I felt I still had to write it. Reading is all about imagination, and that is what we all need for our crafts. Well.... that, and creativity, but let's not over think things Haha. I do have to mention that these are not all of the new books I have acquired, just the ones I have photographed.

4 for $1.00
I purchased the above books at my local thrift store, and yes, I am appalled that they had the spines like this when I purchased them. The cashier informed me that there are people who bring in their books to read while others shop form time to time so they needed a way to prove that no one was stealing. I haven't found a way to remove the markings without damaging the books, so I plan to leave them like this until they wear off..... I hope.

Out of these books, I have already finished A Rogue of My Own and have been working on Harstairs House.



 These are the books I received for my Birthday / Mother's Day (they were only a few days apart this year). I have finished The Madman's Daughter as well as Another Stab at Life, and am currently working on The Mistress' House. 

Believe it or not, but the first two on this stack are from my local Family Dollar. Shepherd's book is from Amazon, and the last two are from Albiris. The last 3 are all used books, but you really can't tell as they are in excellent condition. I'm waiting for my last shipment of books to come in, and when they do, I promise to post more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment