Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Breaking my comfort zone

You read the title right, my 2015 resolution was to break out of my comfort zone. So far, I've taken baby steps towards this goal, i.e. sewing buttons and working with elastic. For those of you that are members of the same quilting groups I am on Facebook, you've seen my newest line of charm tote bags. They look similar to my previous charm totes, with the exception of better stitching and my newest comfort zone break.... BUTTONS! How about we start with a little "fashion show"?

I call this one "Spring in Bloom"




"Bold and Floral"



Ok, this is by far my favorite. My only complaint is I now hate the fabric I chose for the bottom... oh well, what can you do? I call this one "Visual Surprise"




In case you haven't noticed by now, I'm not the best at naming things. However, if you click on my link above, (or just go have a look around my older posts) you'll be able to see a VAST improvement in my bags since I first started out. I guess with a new year, a new baby, new books, and a whole set of new challenges I've set for myself, I though it best that I start breaking away from the things I feared. Now I know I mentioned elastic as well, but that is another post for another time.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with this year, and as always, happy crafting everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment