Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Review: The Highlander Who Loved Me

The Highlander Who Loved Me The Highlander Who Loved Me by Adrienne Basso
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Free ARC from Netgalley.com for my honest review

I'm not even going to lie to you and say this story started out well. It didn't. Yes, the characters were believable, the writing was on par, and the story line held my interest. That being said, the story was choppy, there were a lot of extra characters that didn't really seem necessary, and some of the story concepts were a bit much.

I'm not sure if I want to blame the writer for this book's ultimate demise, or the editor. The book really is a good read, but it just wasn't as polished as I feel a published work should be, and I know if I were to pay money for this it would have gotten a lower rating that 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment