Monday, March 7, 2016

Review: The Fearless Highlander

The Fearless Highlander The Fearless Highlander by Amy Jarecki
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley for a free ARC

I applaud the author for not only taking on such a heavy topic, but keeping the details as close as possible to the actual events that transpired during that horrific time in history. I know it can't be easy to write something people want to read about a subject that has been told so many times. After I finished this book, not only being a history buff, but being 1/2 Scottish myself, I did my research on the Glencoe massacre. A quick Google search will give you tons of info on the subject.

All of that being said, I hated Hugh and Charlotte. In the beginning they were fine, but by the end I was hoping Colonel Hill had actually kept his word and sent her to London. I know the author kept them together for the sake of this being a Romance novel, but I wanted her gone. I saw no real growth in Charlotte, although I was happy for her assistance. Hugh, on the other hand, made real progress, suffered real loss, and overcame great tragedy. Call me crazy, but I just felt like his happiness with Charlotte was the only real thing that was out of place in this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment