Friday, April 1, 2016

Review: Shadows of Jane

Shadows of Jane Shadows of Jane by Amy Hale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Free ARC provided by Netgalley.com. Beware as review may contains spoilers.

Have you ever read a book and once finished you immediately wanted to start the next book in the series? That is how I felt about this book! I finished it in under 5 hours (dedication, story, acknowledgements .... everything. I just couldn't stop reading it and you have no idea how heartbroken I am over the fact that the second installment hasn't even been written yet.

This was my first experience with this author, and I gotta tell you, it has left me hungry for more. In the beginning, I wasn't sure how I would like the whole amnesia shtick, but Ms. Hale really pulled it off. More than anything, I found myself really connecting with "Jane" and loved her transformation at the end. I mean, who hasn't felt broken or like a freak at least once in their life?

Jane's abilities was another are that I was apprehensive about at first. The story read like it was a real, modern day setting and there is no way that if the things she could do were really happening that people would just stand by and be ok with it. Again, Ms. Hale did an amazing job of not only having Jane handle her new found abilities, but in showing the reader just how people would really handle the news. I applaud her for being realistic while at the same time taking me on this fantastic journey.

Suffice it to say, I am now a fan of not only this book, but of Ms. Hale and I pray she doesn't disappoint with the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment