Thursday, March 31, 2016

Bed rest and all that goes with it

30 weeks into my pregnancy and I have Dr recommended bed rest. Now at almost 32 weeks, I've done so much reading it is pathetic. Let me fill you in on what all I've done in the 2 weeks I've been abed.


1. Since joining Goodreads.com, I've participated in their reading challenge. Thanks to my bed rest, I'm 88% finished with the goals I set for myself for the year. I can't take all of the credit though. Due to free books on Amazon.com and Advanced Reader Copies from Netgalley.com, I'm pretty much set on my To-Read list for the year.

2. Planning my baby shower and arranging a baby registry online has taken up a surprising amount of my time. You'd think you could just go online, click on a few things and be done with baby shopping. Not so. I've spent a few hours each day this week sorting through items on BabiesRUs.com asking myself not only if I really need this item, but can I see one of my baby shower invitees buying this for me. Thank goodness I'm a "Barganista" so everything on my registry is under $60. Although, I do feel kinda bad about asking for a set of bottles that are almost $30.

3. Although I've only made a few stitches in the past month or so, I've made it a personal goal to finish my crocheted baby blanket for this little one by April 15. Maybe that's an impossible goal, maybe not. I guess it will depend on how dedicated I really am to finishing it. I have no idea why it is taking me so long to get this one going, especially considering once I started working on the my 2 son's blankets I was super dedicated. As in I did nothing but work on their blankets until I had them finished and ready for the new baby to use.

I've been on bed rest before, with both of my previous pregnancies actually, so it isn't like I'm in unfamiliar territory here. The only difference is I did my previous 2 pregnancies in the Fall and Winter (they were born in February) whereas with this last one I've had Fall-Winter-Spring (she's due the end of May). I dunno, keep your fingers crossed for me, and wish for the best. I know with a 6 and 1 year old that I'll be far from bored this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment