Thursday, May 19, 2016

Review: Beauty and the Highland Beast

Beauty and the Highland Beast Beauty and the Highland Beast by Lecia Cornwall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley.com for providing me with a free ARC of this book.

This was not the story I was expecting. Wonderfully written, great plot twists, intense character connections and growth.... *sigh*, magic. I liked how the author took us on this journey while still maintaining the important historical facts. Yes, most Scottish people were superstitious at this time. Yes, some did still pray to the old Gods. Yes, being found guilty of witchcraft was the biggest sin a person could commit. I digress...

Now, I'll make this small paragraph for what I The final chapter and the Epilogue simply felt rushed. The author wrote so beautifully throughout the book, and then just seemed to push the rest of the story at us because there really wasn't more to tell. Sadly, this is the case with even the best of authors at times. Once the reader has experienced the hype of the climax and 90% of the issues have been resolved, the author tries to tie up the loose ends without dragging the story out and as a result, we see things such as this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment