Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Latest in Crochet Couture :)

My sister has been hosting these "lady parties" recently. What is a lady party you might ask?.... well, it is a get together of women who are a range of ages and backgrounds who get together in order to buy all of my sisters stuff. :) Why would anyone do this???? Because I give her all of my crochet stuff and she has a more sophisticated version of a yard sale! :)

Anyway, my sister asked me to make a purse for one of her "lady's" daughters. The first thing that came to mind was that it's almost Summer (although in Rural Georgia it's been feeling like Summer since the end of April) and bright colors are still in. Seeing as the girl is only about 7, I made this one nice and simple. Enjoy!



So here is the body of the bag, the strap had fallen behind so it looks like it is missing. Oh well.... anyway, I double crocheted this as one piece and then folded it in half. I whipstiched the bottom and side up and discovered that I had ALOT of white yarn left. Do I cut it off? Are you crazy, and waste all that extra yarn?!?!? I don't think so.... What do I do but grab a smaller sized crochet hook and began making some strange loops with my leftover yarn.

She's 7 and she loves it so :p (for those of you that don't know, that is a playful face with it's tongue sticking out)


So this is the inside of my masterpiece all finished! Since I had such a hard time with the button last time I thought "what about snaps?" Well, I lined it up perfectly and all, but somehow between the hammering and my 3 year old it is off centered. Not to worry, the bag is still functional and it looks fantastic. The 7 year old owner of this bag smiles and tells all her friends that they are "late" as she calls it because their purses snap in the middle and hers snaps on the side. :) I love kids! 

Well, this is my creation, please feel free to send any comments my way. Constructive criticism is always welcome. :) Happy Crocheting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment