Friday, April 17, 2015

Crochet Cutie


Tell me this isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen? I know it doesn't look like much, but this is one of my crocheted sombreros for my ever challenging, baby mobile.

This idea all started in a little over a year ago when my sister-in-law found out she was having a baby. I wanted to do something totally unique for her, and since she hailed from the exotic country of Mexico I thought, "why not a Mexican-themed baby mobile". Well, things didn't exactly go according to plan and 9 months later our sweet baby boy was born. So I decided to use my Mexican mobile for our son.

It has all the works, a bright sun as the center piece, an avocado, chili peppers, lime wedges, flan, and of course, our little sombrero. My son is almost two months, and the mobile still hasn't been hung above the crib yet. Once it's in place, I'll post more pictures. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment